Graphic Designer, Art Department Design, Victoria. August 1999 - Present
After leaving television, I took advantage of the many contract opportunities that presented themselves, and struck out on my own. My regular clients include: Cannor Nursery/Wildwood Outdoor Living Centre, Harbord Insurance, Victoria Eldercare Foundation, Tony Joe & Associates, Coastal Roots Health and many more. Subcontract designer with firms as Malahat Group and Suburbia Design in Victoria.
Broadcast Designer, CHEK Television, Victoria
Art Director/Designer, TTC Design Group, Victoria
Designer, Moyes Marketing Corp., Victoria
Freelance Designer / Artist, Vancouver
Graphic Artist, Mckim Advertising, Vancouver
Freelance Designer, Ottawa
Graphic Artist, Interact Communications, Ottawa
Graphic Artist, Currie Irving Advertising, Ottawa
Architectural Draftsman, W. Loates & Associates, Ottawa
Education & Experience
• 1984, Algonquin College, Ottawa. Diploma in Commercial Art
• 1982, studied Fine Arts, Algonquin College, Ottawa
• Fluent in the Adobe CS Suite of programs for print design & production
• Some experience with web, sound, video editing applications
• 30+ years working in my field, adapting to change and dealing successfully with many projects, timelines and clientele
• Former Vice President of a local BNI Networking group
• Creator of traditional and digital art.
• Interest in music, building electric guitars, British history and appreciating where we live.
• Guitarist and lead vocalist with the band "Arf the Dog"
“My approach has always been to combine creativity,
intuition and simplicity to produce effective design
solutions that please both the client and myself.”
Here are some other sites you might like to check out.